An ex-robber wrote an apology letter and enclosed the money he had stolen over a decade earlier.
The robber had stolen $300 and a 6-pack of beer from Interasian Market and Deli in Nashville, Tenn, according to the letter. The owner, Somboon Wu, told local TV station WMSV that he received the letter last week, which included $400.
“I do not use drugs anymore, and I feel I must make amends to the people I have hurt in the past. I hope you will accept this money and find forgiveness. Peace be with you. Anonymous.”
Wu said the man must have been in a bad situation, but has a good heart. “We just want to let him know, if he’s watching, wherever life takes you, we forgive you for what you did,” said Wu.
I came across this post today. I’ve seen this type of illusion art before and it blows me away every time. I know I tagged #graffiti in this post, even though I don’t think it should really be classified as such. I mean, do you think this stuff comes out with turpentine? Check it out at buzzfeed.
Every 60 seconds, 48 hours worth of video are uploaded to YouTube. That’s 2,880 hours of video every hour, or 69,120 hours of material uploaded every day.
If you break it down, that is almost 8 years worth of video uploaded to YouTube on an average day.
TV stations shell out around $25,000 a football game, just for the technology that displays the yellow first down line on the field.
To see just exactly how this is technology is used, follow this link to How Stuff Works.
If you’re not familiar with the game of football and thought the yellow line was actually on the field, you wouldn’t be the first. However, you have some learning to do. Brush up on your Football 101 at this Wikipedia link here.
Patriots pre-season football kicks off tomorrow! I know it’s only pre-season, but I’ve been a Pats fan for 17 years!! Just can’t wait to see the boys back on the field and in action!
1. A crocodile can’t stick it’s tongue out.
2. The average couple will go on at least 100 dates before marriage.
3. It’s impossible to sink in the dead sea without gear on.
4. Dogs can be trained to detect the scent of lung cancer, long before symptoms even occur.
5. It is said that over 350 million people suffer from Facebook addiction.
6. The average person farts 14 times in a day, which is equilvalent to half a litre of ‘fart gas’. Yes, I said fart gas.
7. Females fart as often as males.
8. Farts have been clocked at a speed of 10 feet per second.
9. In just about every species of mammal, the female out-lives the male.
10. Former President George W. Bush, Senator John Kerry and Playboy founder Hugh Hefner are all 9th cousins, twice removed.
11. A giraffe can reach AND clean it’s ears with it’s tongue. That’s handy and disturbing at the same time.
12. A small lump of solid gold the size of a matchbox can be flattened out into the area size of a tennis court.
13. Leaving a goldfish in the dark causes it to turn white.
14. A common gold-fish can live for over 20 years!
15. To boil an ostrich egg takes up to 2 hours.
16. If you decapitate a cockroach, it may still live for up to 9 days!
17. The average heart pumps over 2000 gallons of blood per day, beating over 100,000 times. Over a 70 year span, that’s 2.5 billion heartbeats!
18. A hippo’s milk is pink
19. The human brain has the capacity to store everything you’ve ever experienced in your life. This is my personal favorite fact on this list.
20. In under 600 seconds, a hurricane can release more energy than all of the nuclear weapons in the world put together.
21. A punctuation symbol was introduced in the 1580’s to portray sarcasm in text. It was just a backwards question mark.
22. The largest flower in the world can grow to be the size of an umbrella. It is called Rafflesia Arnoldii and it grows in Indonesia.
23. The average desk in a person’s office has over 400 times the amount of bacteria found on a common toilet.
24. The human brain can only remember 4 things at a time.
25. ‘Dueling’, like they did in western times, is legal in Paraguay. The catch? Both participants must be registered blood donors. Sounds fair.
26. Iran was Persia up until 1935.
27. 23% of all photocopy machine issues are due to people trying to copy their butt.
28. Rats can distinguish between 2 different human languages. No, this doesn’t mean they can understand you.
29. Scotland is home to the most red-heads on Earth.
30. Sean Connery didn’t understant the script for Lord of the Rings, so he turned down the part of Gandolf.
31. Gum is illegal in Singapore. Yes, gum, not guns.
32. It’s physically impossible to tickle yourself.
33. Lipstick ends up being mostly ingested by the applicant.
34. Females have a stronger sense of smell than males.
35. Everyday, over 20 banks are robbed with the average loot being $2500.
36. A forrest fire moves quicker uphill than down.
37. The average cat sleeps 70% of it’s life.
38. There are 333 squares on the average roll of toilet paper. Does this include 2-ply? That’s what I wanna know.
39. In Kentucky, it is against the law to not shower at least once a year.
40. 20,000,000 tons is the weight of an average ice-berg.
41. Apples are a more effective stimulant than caffeine.
42. The average person only speaks for about 10 minutes per day.
43. The average cat has 24 whiskers.
44. Rubber bands last longer if refrigerated.
45. There is such a thing as coffee-flavored PEZ.
46. Eating half an orange a day will reduce your chances of a heart attack by half.
47. May 22 is the most rare birthday in the U.S.
48. Some lions have sex over 50 times a day. What a life.
49. Camels can survive in the desert without water for up to 3 months.
50. A butterfly’s taste buds are on it’s feet.